The Contact Center Engineer is a technical implementation role who will focus on delivering contact center solutions to new and existing Evolve IP customers.
The position will be a critical member of the Service Delivery team who designs and builds new Contact Center implementations. This role will work directly with customers to capture business requirements, share best practices, make recommendations, document the optimal design, and build the approved solution. This role may also support business development activities by providing demos of contact center products or engaging in the sales process as a contact center expert.
- Consult with new or existing customers on contact center capabilities, perform customer discovery to understand their business requirements, evaluate customer needs, and present recommended technology solutions
- Design and document detailed interaction handling flows based upon the customer’s requirements, system capabilities, and contact center best practices
- Build and test the optimal solution, educate the customer on system usage, and optimize the solution based on customer feedback
- Train other members of the Service Delivery and Support teams on contact center products including the creation of new internal documentation or procedures
- Perform business analysis functions for customers requesting custom built solutions such as IVR self-service capabilities and custom reports or dashboards
- Coordinate activities with customer’s dedicated Project Manager to ensure timelines are met, issues are addressed, and the overall implementation is well coordinated and communicated
- Lead consultative discussions with new customers about their desired customer experience needs including prioritization of interactions, agent assignment, skill-based routing, desired report output, messaging, escalation, intra-day adjustments, outbound dialer campaigns, and time of day/holiday treatments.
- Create Visio diagrams that depict the recommended logic and customer experience from initial receipt to agent delivery including self-service IVR, integration with CRM or other business applications, authentication, prompting, and overflows.
- Build detailed interaction handling flows using a visual design tool that encompasses the customer’s business logic for routing and prioritization of all inbound and outbound campaign interactions including calls, emails, web chats, SMS/text, and social media.
- Creation and configuration of agents, supervisors, alert thresholds, response template library, media repository elements, disposition rules, CRM/API integration triggers, agent profiles (team, skills, capabilities, etc.), etc. that are the foundational elements of inbound and outbound contact centers.
- Test all aspects of the interaction handling flows to ensure they meet stated objectives.
- Collaborate with the customer based on their testing to finalize the call flows in advance of customer go-live
- Minimum five years practical experience in contact center operations, administration, or technology infrastructure in multi-location omnichannel contact center technology/operations with at least 100 agents
- Requires a working knowledge of call center administration and concepts including routing strategies, workforce management, management reporting, optimizing agent performance, and delivering results that balance customer satisfaction with organizational drivers (such as cost, revenue, first-call resolution, etc.)
- Hands-on system administration experience with premise-based or cloud contact center platforms
- Experience with Workforce Management principles and commercial software solutions strongly preferred
- Ability to act in a consultative manner to understand customer requirements, develop solutions, present those recommendations, and earn customer’s confidence in the proposed solution
- Adept at developing design documentation including call flows and detailed requirements
- Must possess strong presentation skills and be able to communicate professionally in written fashion
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment that requires excellent time management and organizational skills to achieve results across multiple simultaneous projects
- Work without direct supervision using good judgment and appropriately escalating issues or questions