Location: Wayne, PA
Position Description: The Junior Linux Administrator will be responsible for routine maintenance of Linux systems throughout the infrastructure. This individual will also be assigned tasks to improve the stability and performance of production systems. General knowledge of Linux systems is required, as well as an understanding of IP networking, basic scripting and systems management. Experience with Redhat Enterprise Linux is preferred.
- Work alongside a wide variety of departments including Cloud Engineering, Voice Engineering and Software Development
- Effectively and independently take on tasks/work inside multiple projects simultaneously.
- Preventative maintenance on internal RHEL servers.
- Troubleshoot performance problems, investigate alarms as needed
- Be able to work independently but share knowledge with others and work on group projects
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by tracking emerging trends in systems engineering, Linux, configuration management and enterprise technology.
- Proficient in more than one mainstream Linux application – ie, tomcat, apache, mysql, bind, postfix, sendmail, etc.
- College degree or equivalent training experience
- BS in Information Systems or a related discipline or equivalent job experience.
- Solid written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to work directly with customers in a professional consultative manner.
- Proficient in some form of shell scripting (Bash, Perl, etc)
- Basic TCP/IP Network knowledge
- Strong problem solving skills
- Motivated individual willing to invest time in learning new software.
To submit your resume please click here.