The Scrum Master position will be responsible for assisting the Software Development team with understanding Scrum and other S/W practices. This position will act as the servant leader enabling the team to deliver the highest quality products.
- Serve and support the Product Owner and Development Team in assuring customer satisfaction
- Support the team using a servant leadership style and leading by example. This person should personify Scrum and Agile.
- Guide and coach the Scrum Team and organization on Agile/Scrum best practices and values
- Guide and coach both the Scrum Team and the Development team on self-organizing to fill in the intentional gaps left in the Agile/Scrum frameworks
- Assess the Scrum Maturity of the team and organization and coach the team to higher levels of maturity, at a pace that is sustainable and comfortable for the team and organization
- Remove impediments or guiding the team to remove inefficiencies
- Build a trusting and safe environment where problems can be raised without fear of blame, retribution, or being judgement, with an emphasis of healing and problem solving.
- Facilitate productivity, discussion, decision making, and conflict resolution without coercion, assigning, or dictating the work within the limits of our off-shoring team structures.
- Assist with internal and external communication, improving transparency, and radiating information
- Support and educate the Product Owner, especially with respect to refining and managing the product backlog.
- BS/BA or equivalent experience
- First level Scrum Master certification (PSM I, CSM)
- Experience playing the Scrum Master role for at least one year for a software development team
- Good skills and knowledge of servant leadership, facilitation, situational awareness, conflict resolution, continual improvement, empowerment, and increasing transparency
- Knowledge of numerous well documented patterns and techniques for filling in the intentional gaps left in the Scrum approach(example: numerous Burndown techniques, numerous Retrospective formats, handling bugs, etc)
- The ability to distinguish between what “is Scrum” what is “not Scrum”
- Second or Third level Scrum Master certification (PSM II, PSM III, CSP, CTC)
- Experience playing the Scrum Master role for at least two years for a software development team.
- Experience being on multiple Scrum teams in a variety of different contexts (different team sizes, different organizations, different cultures, co-located vs. distributed, etc)
- Track record of continued and recent education in Scrum, including training, conferences, user groups, self-study, etc.
- Knowledge of other approaches discussed in the Agile space: XP, Kanban, Crystal, FDD, etc
- Knowledge and/or experience with widely successful Agile techniques: User Stories, ATDD, TDD,
- Continuous Integration, Continuous Testing, Pairing, Automated Testing, Agile Games
- Applicable knowledge of the technologies used by the team
- Experience applying a wide variety of well documented patterns and techniques for filling in the intentional gaps left in the Scrum approach(example: numerous Burndown techniques, numerous Retrospective formats, handling bugs,etc)
- Previous experience as a collaborative leader
- Excellent communication and mentoring skills
To submit your resume please click here