The Software Developer is responsible for designing, developing and delivering software applications based on specifications in a team environment. In addition, this position will participate in code reviews and paired programming.
- BA/BS in Software Development or similar, commensurate experience
- 2-5 years industry experience
- Solid written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work directly with customers in a professional consultative manner
- Strong software build experience using a repository driven configuration management build utility
- High-level EQ
- Experience with code reviewing tools (Crucible or Review Board)
- Familiarity with Java development, OOP, Test Driven Development, Continuous Integration/Delivery, and Front-end development
- MSOffice proficient
Duties and Responsibilities
- Design, deliver and support enterprise systems
- Multi-tiered Service Oriented Architecture
- Continuous integration/ continuous delivery
- Use of static code analysis tools
Analytical – Synthesizes complex or diverse information; Collects and researches data; Uses intuition and experience to complement data; Designs work flows and procedures.
Design – Generates creative solutions; Translates concepts and information into images; Uses feedback to modify designs; Applies design principles; Demonstrates attention to detail.
Problem Solving – Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem-solving situations; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
Oral Communication – Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; Listens and gets clarification when needed; Responds well to questions; Participates in meetings.
Written Communication – Writes clearly and informatively; Edits work for spelling and grammar; Varies writing style to meet needs; Presents numerical data effectively; Able to read and interpret written information.
Key Performance Indicators
- Team Software Delivery
- Tests written
- Defects tracked
- Evolve IP utilizes the following frameworks and tools:
- Jersey Restful Service Reference Implementation
- JetBrains IDEA
- Evolve IP has a BYOD Policy