The Contact Center Solutions Engineer is the primary technical resource for the sales force on Contact Center products including: Omni-channel solutions, Outbound Dialer (Preview, Progressive, and Predictive), CRM / App Integrations, ACD routing, Agent applications, Supervisor, Dashboards, Reporting and Business intelligence, Call Recording, IVR, Workforce Management, Speech Analytics, and more. The proficient contact center sales engineer will either possess or learn the proficiencies of unified communications: Hosted PBX features, UC / Collaboration tools, Handsets, soft clients, and integrations. In addition, the Sales Engineering will either possess or learn the positioning of networking solutions to ensure proper QoS design of voice traffic. Sales Engineers are responsible for actively driving and managing the technology evaluation stage of the sales process, working in conjunction with the sales team as the key technical advisor and product advocate for our products. The Sales Engineer must be able to articulate technology and product positioning to both business and technical users. Must be able to identify all technical issues of assigned accounts to assure complete customer satisfaction through all stages of the sales process. Must be able to establish and maintain strong relationships throughout the sales cycle and ensure a proper handoff to Project management, engineering and support personnel.
- Responsible for discovery with customers into their existing contact center solutions and desired feature functionality
- Primary lead for product demonstrations
- Represent Evolve IP solutions to customers and at events such as conferences, seminars, etc.
- Responsible for conducting technical discoveries around networking configurations for optimal voice quality design
- Create appropriate technical documentation for network diagrams
- Develop quotes and proposals based on technical discoveries in conjunction with sales
- Create complex call flow routing diagrams to facilitate the translation of pre-sales process to service delivery and implementation
- Advise the potential customer on licensing components, uses and restrictions.
- Responsible for responding to functional and technical elements of RFIs/RFPs as assigned by sales management
- Able to convey customer requirements to Product Management teams and assist with customer implementation as needed for optimal customer satisfaction
- Able to travel throughout the US and occasionally to the EU
- 5+ years relevant experience in contact center sales or similar position
- Ideal candidate must be self-motivated with a proven track record in Contact Center sales and knowledge of technology
- Knowledge and experience in selling or supporting Hosted PBX and Unified Communications features and functionality is desired
- Excel at the demonstration of products and services to key stakeholders to win new business both via the web and in person
- Comfortable in the dynamic atmosphere of a technical organization with a rapidly expanding customer base
- Must possess strong presentation skills and be able to communicate professionally in written responses to emails, RFPs, and when submitting reports.
- Organized and analytical, able to eliminate sales obstacles through creative and adaptive approaches.
- Must be prepared for moderate travel (2-3 trips per month of 1-2 days)
Key Performance Indicators:
Activity (Meetings / Demos), Proposed Revenue, Close Ratio by Product, Closed Revenue by Product