Position Description: The VMWare Systems Engineer will be responsible for day to day management and advancement of mission critical Evolve IP platforms and IT infrastructure at our Cleveland data center. This role requires end-to-end knowledge of VMware ESXi, vSphere as well as supporting VMWare products like SRM, vCops and the vCloud Suite. This is a high touch, high level role with exposure to all things VMware / EMC.
Successful candidates will be required to demonstrate a competent level of technology architecture, design and implementation experience as well as a senior level understanding of IP networking, windows, linux and systems management in an enterprise or service provider environment.
- Review and update VMware environment designs, create implementation plans, audit existing infrastructure. (Compute, SAN, Hypervisor).
- Develop server images and technology deployment strategy.
- Configure VMware virtual networks to support n VLANs in a service provider environment.
- Independently take on tasks within multiple projects simultaneously.
- Design and implement preventative maintenance plans for virtual infrastructure.
- Configure and research various types of alarms and alerts.
- Maintain 100% platform uptime across virtual infrastructure.
- Log all cases and work in Change Management and project tracking systems.
- May become involved in systems administration tasks or special projects at the discretion of management.
- Troubleshoot performance problems, investigate alarms as needed, manage escalations from tier 1 and tier 2 engineers.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by tracking emerging trends in systems engineering, VMware, Storage and computing technology.
- Proficient in at least one enterprise OS (Windows or Linux) as well as TCP/IP networking and security.
- Understanding of fiber channel storage networking, storage architecture, performance monitoring and storage management.
- BS in Information Systems or a related discipline or equivalent job experience.
- Solid written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to work directly with customers in a professional consultative manner.
- Proficient in VMware ESXi virtualization as well as one of the major OS’s.
- Basic TCP/IP Network knowledge.
- Strong problem solving skills.
- Ability to quickly read and implement VMWare products.
To submit your resume please email firstname.lastname@example.org.